Antigua and Barbuda Passports

A passport is an easily recognized travel document that identifies you and authorizes travel. A citizen of Antigua and Barbuda requires a passport to enter all countries other than OECS Countries such as Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. A driver’s License or any other issued Government Identification with your place of birth may be used to travel to OECS Countries other than a passport.

Application Process

Antigua and Barbuda Passports are issued to Citizens of Antigua and Barbuda in accordance with the Immigration and Passport Act, 2014. All passport applicants are to submit Proof of Citizenship to a Passport Officer. Each applicant is required to visit the Passport Office to submit an application. The application form may be obtained online or at the Passport Office. The applicant is required to complete an application form and then take it to a certifying official, after which they are required to present the application with the required documents to the Passport Office.

Please note that The Passport Office reserves the right to request additional information during the application process. The application process will take approximately three (3) weeks. Emergency processing is also available, and applicants can get their renewal in three to five business days at an extra cost.

Types of Passports

Antigua and Barbuda Passport Office is a Department within the Prime Minister’s Ministry and is located on Queen Elizabeth Highway. The office produces four (4) types of Antigua and Barbuda Passports which are as follows:

  • Adult Passports – These passports are issued to any adult who is a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda. The persons are over the age of sixteen years old and The passports are valid for ten years.
  • Minor Passport – These passports are issued to any citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, who is a child under the age of sixteen years of age. The passports are valid for five years.
  • Diplomatic Passports – These passports are issued to an authorized set of persons who represent Antigua and Barbuda in diplomatic and other international affairs such as Ministers of Government.
  • Official Passports – This type of passport is issued to government officials who are representing Antigua and Barbuda’s Interest overseas.

Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passport

If your passport has been lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to avoid someone from using the document and to protect the bearer from identity theft. A passport that is reported lost or stolen is invalidated and can no longer be used for travel. If the passport is recovered after it has been reported lost or stolen, please return it to the Passport Office on Queen Elizabeth Highway or the nearest Immigration Office. When you surrender the Lost and Stolen Document, if requested, the passport will be canceled and return to you. Once a passport has been reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated or used to apply for a renewal.

Before making an application, you are required to obtain and present a police report for the replacement of the stolen, lost or damaged passport. The following documents must be submitted when making an application for the replacement passport:

  1. The completed application form
  2. The official police report
  3. Birth certificate/adoption certificate or Antiguan Citizenship Certificate.
  4. Proof of name change if the name has been changed (Marriage Certificate, Deep Poll, Divorce Decree, Court Order).
  5. Two (2) identical Photographs (one photograph must be certified by the same certifying official who certified the application)
  6. The prescribed fees are presented in the form of stamps.

Once the application is submitted to the Passport Office, you will be given a Memorandum Form to be completed and to take to the Immigration Department. On your visit to the Immigration Department, an Immigration Officer will conduct an interview and complete the Witness Statement Form. The Witness Statement Form, the Memorandum and a report from Immigration Officials will be forwarded to the Passport Office after an investigation that will take approximately three months.

Once Passport Office receives the forms and reports, the process for the replacement commences and the passport will be available in approximately three (3) weeks.

To Cancel the Passport of a Deceased Relative

The Passport Office recommends that a family member or executor of a deceased passport bearer return the passport for cancelation. The passport will be returned after it is canceled. Please submit the valid passport, a certified copy of the death certificate, and a letter requesting the cancelation and return (or destruction) of the passport.